Melted Brie with onion confit
Here is a recipe idea which will delight lovers of brie, enriched by our tasty onion confit.
- 1 Brie or Camembert type cheese
- 5 tbs of onion & cranberry confit (or onion & apple confit)
- 1 pear cut into small cubes
- Maple syrup to taste
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1 tsp of honey or sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Cut the cheese in 2 lengthwise. Place on a foil square and raise the foil around the cheese to prevent it from collapsing during cooking (or put it in a ceramic Brie cooker).
- Spread half of the filling between the two halves of cheese, and the other half of the filling on the top.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and add the walnuts
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Check it regularly.
- Serve hot and whole in the center of the table with bread or crackers.